This is a great recipe for banana cupcakes, quick and easy, and the recipe can be adapted for a slice tin sized cake too. Nice healthier (kinda) cake option.
- 125g softened butter or margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana. I use one & a half bananas. Other half for decoration
- 1½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ⅓ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add banana and beat.
- Add flour, cinnamon, bicarb soda and milk into the mix and stir gently.
- Spoon mixture into (12 large or 24 small) cupcake patties, and to finish off slice the remaining banana very thinly and place carefully on top of the cakes.
- Alternatively, use a well greased slice tin, lining the bottom of the pan with the sliced banana to flip over as the top when done.
- Cup cakes take 18-20 minutes, the slice not much longer. Keep an eye on it and when it is firm on top it’s ready.