This lovely traditional British dish is a favourite of mine, but beware those without a sweet tooth! Banoffee Pie is for hard core dessert lovers.
- 1 pack Arnott's Granita biscuits
- 125g melted butter
- 3 bananas
- 300ml double cream
- drizzle of maple syrup for the top
- Caramel Filling
- 50g butter
- 395 can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Throw the biscuits into the blender until well processed and add the melted butter. Mix well and then press into either 1 large or 6 small pie dishes using the back of a metal spoon. Use tart pans with removable bases if you have them, otherwise ramekins will do just fine. Put in the fridge.
- To make the caramel filling, put the condensed milk, sugar and butter into a saucepan on low heat. Don't walk away from it, stand there stirring gently with a wooden spoon for 10-12 minutes and make sure it doesn't come to the boil.
- When ready, pour the hot caramel into the biscuit bases, slice the bananas any way you like and place over the top, and then drizzle a bit of caramel over the top of the bananas.
- They then need to chill in the fridge for an hour, or until the caramel has cooled.
- Place a generous dollop of cream on the top, and optionally drizzle some maple syrup over the top.