This is a very plain and simple basic biscuit recipe which can be used for plain bikkies or mixed with anything you like – chocolate chips, buts, sweets or fruit.
- 125g butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar (Castor sugar dissolves best but I happily use raw, white or brown)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1¾ cups self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160-200C. Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add egg and mix well, then the vanilla.
- Gradually add cinnamon and sifted flour and mix well.
- Wash hands. Take small pieces of the mix and roll into balls.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and press lightly with a fork.
- Bake in moderate oven until brown (about 10-12 minutes). You can add just about anything to this biscuit – nuts, fruit, sweets. Harder lollies melt to look like glass which looks good and add a special something.