Such a healthy, nutrient packed casserole for kids made with whatever bean you fancy. The four bean mix would be a good idea to give it a better texture.
- Use whatever beans or lentils you like or try the 4 bean mix, I used:
- 1 can Butter beans
- 1 can Borlotti beans
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mex chili
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 capsicum (I used yellow, green also fine)
- Gently fry diced onions and chopped garlic in a little oil and add spices and oregano.
- When fragrant, add the diced capsicum.
- Rinse and drain beans and add to the mix.
- When mixed thoroughly add tinned tomatoes and coca powder and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and pop in the oven (on about 150C) for 30 minutes – you may need to add a splash of water.
- Top with grated cheese on serving.