Perfect for those days when you’re stuck indoors with the kids and need a good idea for lunch. If there’s any leftover, they will go brilliantly in the lunchboxes.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter or marg
- 1 small can corn kernels, use the juice too
- ½ large tin baked beans
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Put flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add lightly beaten eggs.
- Mix well, then add butter and milk, stir well (I even cheat to save time and use a wand mixer).
- Add the beans, corn and cheese and mix.
- Heat butter in the frying pan on high and add the mixture one large spoonful at a time (the same as you would cook pancakes).
- Only need about 1 minute each side, longer if you turn the stove down like I do.
- Serve with extra veggies if desired.