- 500g beef mince
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion (finely diced or blended is easier)
- ¼ cup fresh dill (or any other fresh herb of your choice)
- bread rolls cut in half
- slices of cheese
- Mix mince, egg, breadcrumbs, and diced or blended onion in a large bowl.
- Roll into 8 balls, and put as many as you need under the grill (the rest will keep easily, even freeze if the meat is fresh).
- Squash the burgers flat (larger than the roll size – they shrink) and grill for 5 minutes each side.
- Place the rolls under the grill and a slice of cheese on burger(s) for the last minute.
- Assemble, adding whatever the kids like onto the burger. Mine don’t like lettuce and tomato so they had mash and veggies on the side.