Beetroot made in the style of Tzatziki is Beetziki of course. This is a lush dip to serve a multitude of people at your next party, and looks fabulous in a Miche cob loaf.
- 2 fresh beetroot
- 3 carrots
- 500g tub Greek (or natural/plain) yoghurt
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cob of bread (round uncut loaf)
- Peel and grate the beets and carrots, finely dice the garlic and fresh mint.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Carefully cut the top inch or so off the cob and cut it into pieces.
- With your fingers gently dig out the body of the cob and this can be cut up into dipping pieces too.
- Pour the dip in. Too easy.