UPDATED!! My best pizza dough recipe just got better! This a a small step up in difficulty than my simple pizza dough recipe. Using yeast and warm water, this dough likes to rest and rise – but it is worth it.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1x 7g sachet yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 200ml water – half cold water, half boiling
- 2 tbsp milk (for a more moist dough)
- 2 tsp oil
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water.
- Pour the liquid into the flour and mix into a dough.
- Add milk as desired to moisten the dough.
- Turn out onto a floured bench top or board and knead for 4-5 minutes until smooth.
- Oil the mixing bowl and put the dough back in there while you ready your ingredients.
- Put the oven on to 200C it seems the pizza cooks better with a little bit of blasting.
- Lightly oil the pizza pan (if you don’t have one you can use my trick and lie baking paper onto a wire rack and grease it) and spread the dough out as thick or thin as you like. You can even break this amount into 5 individual pizza bases.
- Top with pizza base sauce or tomato paste, plus your favourite toppings and cheeses.