A nice and easy cheesy vegetable slice that you can mix up and throw in the oven with any old vegetable leftovers you have in the fridge. Nice for dinner or in the lunchbox.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup other liquid – milk is fine, I like to use cream or yoghurt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup corn
- 1 diced onion
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 cup leftover roast vegetables (or any extra veg here you like)
- 1 cup bacon and ham (optional)
- 1 cup cheese
- sliced tomato on top
- Gently fry up the onion and add the carrot or any other hard vegetable you're adding too to soften it.
- In a bowl beat the eggs lightly, add the flour and the milk (or stock, cream, yoghurt)
- Mix all other ingredients in.
- Pour into a greased baking dish (slice tin should be the right size).
- Place cut tomatoes on the top and pop into the oven at 180C for 40 minutes.