Chicken in white sauce is quite possibly the best way to use up all the leftover meat from a roast. Just chuck some veggies on and dinner will be ready in a jiffy.
- 300g cooked chicken
- 1 diced onion
- ½ diced green capsicum
- small tin of corn kernels
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- Fry the onion in the butter, add garlic, and then the capsicum.
- When all soft, add the flour and mix in well.
- Add the milk, about half a cup at a time and each time stir through well so it is absorbed into the flour.
- When the sauce has thickened enough, add the chicken and corn.
- Serve with mashed pumpkin or sweet potato.