These chicken pockets are such a great idea to use up those pastry sheets that have been in the freezer forever and what could be easier than to fill them with leftovers?
- 1 leek
- ½ red capsicum (pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of green beans (chopped small)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 300g chicken (my choice – thigh fillets)
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 100-150ml cream
- Dice the leek finely but only the white part of the stalk and wash.
- Heat oil in pan and cook leeks, capsicum, garlic, and beans.
- Cut chicken as small as you like and add to fry pan veggies and cook through.
- Throw in the spices and when cooked and when the dish is aromatic, add cream.
- Cut the puff pastry squares diagonally and folded the 2 equal angles to the third angle (pictured) and firmly press the edges.
- Bake in lined baking dish in preheated oven for 20 minutes at 220C.