This chocolate and zucchini cake is so delicioulsy moist and decadent that you will forget how much healthy veggie is inside! No need to tell the kids either, but I told mine purely to see their priceless reactions, but they loved it so much they weren’t bothered.
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup choc bits, chips or chunks
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1½ cups firmly packed grated zucchini (I used about 3 zucchini)
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugars, oil, vanilla, eggs, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until combined, and then add the chocolate, in smallest pieces possible.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and bicarb soda. Fold the dry mixture into the wet until just combined.
- Add the grated zucchini and stir through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, sprinkle with more chocolate (optional) and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until passing the skewer test.