Chops are great on the barbie or under the grill but they are super awesome cooked in the oven. A nice and warm wintery meal to heat up the home.
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-4 lamb chops (forequarter cuts work best I reckon)
- ½ tin tomato soup
- ½ cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In the pan gently fry the diced leeks and garlic, adding the chopped carrots a minute later.
- When starting to get soft, pile to one side and add the chops, cook 2 minutes each side.
- In a flat oven proof dish place the chops once cooked, and add the flour to the frying pan.
- Mix well with the veggies and then add soup, water and lemon juice, stirring well.
- When bubbling again turn off the stove and pour over the chops, and put in the oven for an hour.