Get creative with this cowboy themed beef and beans recipe. Healthy and hearty, can be served with potatoes, pasta or on rice. Or you can try to get the kids eating lettuce like I attempted to, which was a tiny bit successful!
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion finely sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- tin of 4 bean mix
- tin of butter beans (any combination of beans will be fine)
- ¼ cup water
- In a little oil fry the onions gently, and then add the meat and stir until brown.
- In a bowl mix the sugar, ketchup, mustard and vinegar, and add the tomato paste as needed.
- Mix into the saucepan and then add the water.
- Turn on the oven and bring the stove back to the boil. When bubbling for 5 minutes put into oven safe dish and cook on moderate heat for 30 minutes.