I love whipping these little bad boys up, yet another great pantry meal. And although this is the child-friendly version, I like to put curry paste in the mix for the adults.
- 415g can red or pink salmon or tuna
- 125g can corn kernels
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Strain salmon or tuna and carefully remove all skin and bones.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with spoon or hands.
- Roll tightly into small balls and set aside while you heat the oil in a frying pan.
- When hot put cakes in and gently squash them with an egg flip to give them that fish cake shape.
- They will only need about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Pop them onto a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.