- 2 cups cooked rice (day old rice is best)
- 2 tbsp oil (add more if rice is too sticky)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup broccoli (or any veg that the kids love will do just fine)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 egg (optional)
- Slice the onion nice and fine (in strips is ok) and gently fry in the oil.
- While doing this, zap all the other veg in the microwave (or stove boil if you prefer).
- Chuck the rice into the onions and mix it around as best you can, I know it isn’t easy, but be sure to break it up as much as possible.
- Add veg, stir well and then the soy sauce and stir through thoroughly.
- When it looks ready to go, make a little hole in the centre of the food, crack the egg into it, and stir it around gently in the hole. When the egg is cooked, stir it through the rice and veg.
- You can add some cooked meat into the mix for extra protein.