Try something different for the kids this week and cook Risoni. This is a really quick and easy recipe that will appeal to both old and young.
- 400g sausages (5 large sized)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 slices ham or bacon (optional)
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano (fresh or dried)
- 200g risoni
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tin diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- Cook sausages in a large frying pan until they are browned, then remove and set aside.
- Put oil in the same pan and cook ham or bacon (if desired) and add the diced onions and garlic.
- Add the oregano, and then throw in the risoni, letting it get a good coating of oil.
- Once well mixed add the tomatoes, stock and water and bring to the boil, stirring well.
- Cut the sausages up and add back to the pan, continuing to stir often.
- The risoni will be ready in about 10 minutes, keep an eye on it and feel free to add more liquid if you need to.