Kidneys to eat are so good for the body, and also for the growing kidneys of our kids. If you need a good recipe for kidneys, this one rocks.
- 3 lamb kidneys
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbsp mild curry powder
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Cutting the kidneys – cut each kidney through the back all the way to the stem but not through it. Open it up and place cut side down, then holding the stem cut as much flesh off as you can from the middle outwards and dice.
- Melt butter in frying pan and add onion, garlic and curry powder.
- When the onions start to go clear throw in half the stock and turn down to low heat.
- Add the kidneys and cook for a further 10 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Keep adding the rest of the stock so the dish doesn’t dry out, you may not need all of it.
- Turn the heat off, stir through the tomato paste and then stir in the sour cream. Best served with mash.