You could use either bacon or ham in this child friendly Carbonara recipe that is so simple, I always make it when I have cream in the fridge, the rest is always in stock.
- 1 rasher of bacon
- Pasta (any kind will do) enough for 2 kids: 100-150gm
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup grated cheese
- Put pasta onto boil and get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Fry onion in a little oil (1 tbsp) until soft and add cut bacon. HINT: cutting bacon is so much easier with scissors than a knife.
- Fry gently (on low heat) for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl lightly beat egg, add cream and cheese and mix.
- When pasta is ready, drain, add bacon and onion, and then the creamy mixture and give it a good mix up.