Something a little bit different with these meatballs traditionally from regions India to the Middle East. So easy to make, and very agreeable flavours for the kids.
Serves: 8 balls
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 onion
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley (continental)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix lamb, onion, parsley, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and coriander together in a bowl. HINT: I use the blender to whizz up the onions and parsley together, time saver and mixes better with the mince.
- Add breadcrumbs and egg and keep mixing.
- When done, roll into medium sized balls – about an inch in diameter.
- Next using generous oil, fry them in the frying pan turning frequently for 8-10 minutes. Or if you prefer, pop them under the grill for 5 minutes a side.
- Serve with any veg, pictured here with oven roasted veggies.