These oat bars require very little effort, but the result is so much more than that. I couldn’t stop eating these they are so moreish. Add in a new fruit to try to get the kids expanding their tastes.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar (I used half raw sugar)
- 125g butter unsalted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- ½ cup mixed pipita and sunflower kernels
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C, grease and line a slice baking tin.
- On the stove melt the butter with the sugars, honey and syrup, stirring gently and carefully.
- Do not let it overcook, once the butter is melted and sugar dissolved it only needs another minute or so.
- In a big bowl mix all the remaining dry ingredients and add the melted butter and sugar.
- Pour into the slice tin and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool and cut into bar shapes.