A fantastic recipe for the classic ‘sneaking in the good stuff’ trick. And what a combination pear and zucchini turned out to be! So juicy it provides a great sauce.
- 1 zucchini (courgette for the poms)
- 2 pears
- 1 chicken stock cube (my preference, vegetable stock or some salt will do)
- half an onion
- half a breast from a BBQ chicken (can be substituted for fish or legumes)
- leftover vegetables – if none then add whatever the kids like, whatever is is season etc.
- Core the pears, and then microwave the pears and zucchini for 7 minutes with just a splash of water.
- When done, blend and add the stock cube.
- While zapping, dice the onion and fry gently in a little oil, adding the protein if it needs to be cooked.
- Otherwise you can just throw everything in, the pear/zucchini combo, cooked meat and already cooked veg.
- While this is bubbling away nicely put on some polenta to serve on the side.