As is with most meat casseroles, the longer you can leave it the better. I have recommended 30 minutes but 1 hour would be better. And just think, on those cold wintery days there’s nothing nicer than yummy aromas leaking out of the house!
- 250g pork steaks, casserole steaks or leftover roast pork
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup peas
- 1 beef and 1 chicken stock cube (or leftover gravy)
- 1-2 cups water (just enough to cover the meat and veg)
- Dice onion and fry gently in a pan, meanwhile dice carrot and potato into rough 1cm cubes and zap in microwave with a little water for 6 minutes.
- Add diced pork to onions in saucepan and cook until all brown.
- Dissolve stock cubes in 1-2 cups boiling water (use the veggie water if you can) and add to saucepan. The stock (or gravy) needs to just cover all the contents of the pan.
- Add potato, carrot and peas and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish (use the pot if you can) and leave on 200C for at least ½ hour. The longer you leave it the better.