Such an easy recipe for Vichyssoise – potato and leek soup. A lovely warm and wintery meal, healthy and also delicious, the kids will lick the bowls clean.
- 2 leeks
- 1 onion
- 6 washed potatoes (washed so can leave the skin on)
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- salt and pepper
- cream (or sour cream) to stir through
- Dice the onion and leek, only using the white and pale part of the leek, discard the green part.
- Dice the potato leaving the skin on for extra texture.
- In a little oil in a BIG saucepan gently fry the onion, leek and potato for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken (or veggie) stock and simmer with the lid on for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Season and mash as much as you like, I like mine to have a few chunks.
- Stir through cream (if desired) in each bowl.