This lovely moreish potato bake side dish is one I created in honour of the royal baby Prince George born in 2013. Great to make in either large or small quantities.
- 8 potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream, cream, plain yoghurt, OR cream cheese mixed with a bit of milk
- 6 rashers of bacon
- half a dozen shallots (or spring onions to the royals)
- half cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C and slice potatoes thinly, the thinner you cut them the faster they will cook.
- Arrange in a large casserole dish (this recipe can be easily halved for a small sized dish) also throwing in the chopped shallots as you layer.
- Lightly grill and chop the bacon up into small pieces and add to the dish, either layer on the top or mix through.
- Mix the creams together (I used half sour cream and half plain yoghurt mixed with a little bit of milk). It doesn’t matter what you use so long as it is dairy-based, and it needs to be the consistency of plain cream.
- Add the cheese to the mix and pour it over the potatoes.
- Add a little extra grated cheese to the top. Bake for 45 minutes.