This is such an easy method for pumkin and pea risotto that tastes so awesome that you’ll be making it again for a dinner party side dish.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin (leaving in a little of the water)
- ⅓ cup grated cheese
- 1 cup peas and snow peas
- ⅓ cup cream
- I used leftover rice with some wild rice mixed in. Freshly cooked rice would also be fine, but I find older rice (1 or 2 day old) is easier to cook with.
- In a little oil in a saucepan or fry pan, throw in the rice and break it up as best you can (older rice is easier to do this).
- Add the peeled, cooked, mashed pumpkin (having left a little of the water in when doing the mashing) and stir through.
- Top and tail the snow peas (sugar snap peas) and chop them up into bite sizes, then give them 2 minutes in the microwave with the peas.
- Add to the pan when cooked and drained.
- Stir through the cream and cheese too.
- This is a good opportunity to throw in any leftover creamy dips or such, I threw in a tiny bit of cottage cheese.
- Season for more grown-up tastes.