This is a fabulous introduction to the world of soup for kids. And let’s face it, we really need soup days for winter lunches, during time of sick and illness, and as a nice light meal.
- ½ kilo pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups stock (I used chicken stock, but vegetable stock would also be grand -failing stock, water will suffice)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock to the boil and add the lentils.
- Peel and dice the pumpkin, and add to the saucepan.
- Turn down the heat, add the spices and boil very gently for another 15 minutes.
- Mash and serve. Feel free to sneak in a few more veggies for the kids.