My kids just can’t get enough of Mexican food, and so it was only natural for us to try out quesadillas. First tried with spinach and cheese and then the chili big guns.
- Beef Chili
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp mexican chili powder (alter this as you need to)
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin baked beans (or kidney if you prefer)
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ½ cup grated carrot
- Chili - Gently fry diced onion and garlic in a little oil, add the chili powder. When the spice is cooking, throw in the beef and break up all the lumps. When the beef is cooked, add the tins of tomato and beans and stir well. Chili done.
- Quesadilla - In a flat frying pan put in the first tortilla for 1 minute each side to heat.
- Set to the side and throw in your second tortilla and cook the same way.
- On the cooked tortilla, spoon a good helping (but not too much) of beef, sprinkle with cheese and carrot, and when the second tortilla is finished cooking, place on top of the first.
- The Quesadilla is now ready to cook. Using a flat egg flip spatula, carefully lift the Quesadilla and put into the frying pan for again 1 minute each side. Good luck with the flipping, one swift movement is better than slow and steady here. Cut and serve.