As much as I love a warm winter casserole cooking all day, when I don’t have time for that I like to go with the quick casserole option. Super tasty.
- 300g diced beef – for quick casserole best to use already cooked meat, I used leftover meat from a roast beef the night before. Also best to cut into small pieces for better faster cooking.
- 1 onion diced
- leftover gravy (if any)
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp gravy powder
- 1½ – 2 cups water
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 small sweet potato
- Fry onion gently and when soft add gravy power and stock cube (crushed).
- Mix well and add diced meat.
- Boil cauliflower and potato at the same time.
- When the meat is well mixed, add water, starting with 1 cup, and then add the rest as required.
- Leaving the lid on the saucepan will mean less water is needed and casserole will probably cook hotter. If not using a lid, you will need more like 2 cups of water so it doesn’t dry out. Either way, it will need to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mash veggies with a nob of butter and serve casserole on top.