This a fantastic gluten free pie idea. Can be topped with anything your heart desires for the kids dinner, a ladies’ lunch or sandwich replacement in the lunchbox.
- 2 carrots
- ½ a large sweet potato
- 2 tbsp cream
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup peas
- >Rice Crust<
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cook the rice, and at the same time peel and boil the carrots and sweet potato.
- When the rice is ready mix it with the other crust ingredients, mixing through thoroughly.
- Press into the base of a pie or baking dish – I used my silicone pie dish which made it much easier to dish out.
- When the veggies are cooked, add the peas to quickly heat them and then drain, and smash (not a full mash) with cream, nutmeg and coriander seeds.
- Stir through the eggs and cheese, and then pour on top of the rice crust.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180-200C) for 30 minutes, until the egg mixture is firm.