Salt and pepper squid is so much easier than you think. Just grab the fresh squid and give it a rinse, coat and then it only needs a couple of minutes on the heat.
- 2 or 3 squid tubes
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp oil for frying
- Make sure all of the outside layer of the squid has been removed and rinse.
- Dry and cut squid into large sheets, then score one side with horizontal and vertical lines about 2-3mm apart.
- Cut it into smaller bite size rectangular pieces.
- Heat the oil in hot frying pan. While heating get a small plastic bag, put into it the flour, salt and pepper and throw in the squid.
- Tightly hold the top of the bag with air inside it and shake until squid is coated.
- Throw into the hot pan, it only needs a couple of minutes each side. When the squid is curling and the crust is just golden brown it’s good to go.