Whether or not you’re using up leftover sausages, this is such a lovely warm winter dish that I’m always happy to make, and the kids are always happy to eat.
- 8 sausages
- 1 onion
- ⅓ green capsicum diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced fine
- 3 mushrooms
- a punnet of cherry tomatoes or a tin of tomatoes
- 1-2 cups of ready made gravy (1 if using tinned tomatoes, 2 if using fresh tomatoes)
- Fry the sausages off in a frying pan (whole), no oil needed.
- When almost done (not burned please) remove and set aside.
- Throw the onion, garlic and capsicum in, adding a little oil if needed.
- While veg is cooking, cut the sausages into small pieces, and then throw them back into the pan along with the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Once mixed, add the gravy (I always cheat these days using gravy powder… it’s brilliant stuff) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve on mashed potato or as is.