Simple to put together with the ingredients you always have in the pantry, these are a bit of fun in a snack for the kids perfect for afternoon tea or to cheer up a lunchbox.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Place egg and sugar and half the milk in a bowl, whisk well.
- Add flour and combine, then add remaining milk and mix until it is smooth.
- Lastly add the melted butter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt some butter, when melted and starting to sizzle the pan is ready.
- Using a squeezy bottle or a sandwich bag with the corner cut off, pour two eyes and a smile while taking the frying pan OFF the heat to do so.
- When you have done the face (I could fit three into my pan) then return the pan to the heat, and pour pikelet mixture over the top covering the eyes and smile.
- Flip when starting to bubble and give them another couple of minutes on the other side.