For more information on how to cook beef tenderly, have a look at my food blog.
- 500g beef I used a cheap round cut
- ½ cup Teriyaki marinade
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red capsicum
- handful of cashews
- ½ bunch broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- First dice the beef and mix together the sauces and spices to make a marinade, then stir through the beef, leaving it for at least 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat oil on medium high heat and cook beef gently stirring for 1 minute and then flip over and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove the beef and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and add the garlic and chopped veggies, first cook the hard ones – carrot and capsicum, and the broccoli after a minute or 2.You may want to use the lid to steam. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add beef, stir and then serve on rice. Add a splash of rice wine vinegar if you have any. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.