A nice and mild curry for the kids to explore some new spices. Tumeric is a very healthy ‘superfood’ some claim so why not try to add it to the repertoire.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion
- couple strips green pepper (capsicum)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp curry powder (mild best for the kids)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 chicken thigh fillets
- small tin corn kernels
- ½ tsp sugar
- juice of a lime or lemon
- dollop of cream or yoghurt, I used hummus
- Melt butter in frying pan and add finely diced onion, and once starting to soften add the spices.
- When aromatic add the capsicum, and next the chicken.
- When the meat is sealed (ie cooked around the outside) add the corn, sugar and lemon/lime.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and lastly add the optional cream, yoghurt or hommus.