This vegetable curry recipe is nice and mild so the kids will manage it just fine. It’s a good introduction into spices for them and easy to serve with rice.
- ½ cauliflower
- 3 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger (fresh)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4-6 mushrooms
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes (or 2 large fresh ones)
- ½ tin tomato soup OR tinned tomatoes
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Boil cauliflower and carrots, saving the water.
- Dice onion and begin to fry gently in a little oil in the pan.
- Add to the pan the garlic, spices and ginger and stir until you can smell the fragrance unlock.
- Put the cooked veggies into the pan, adding a little of the water they boiled in.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and lemon juice, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the yoghurt (optional) just before you plan to serve.