This is a nice and simple vegetable lasagne recipe that the kids will love with a lovely creamy cheesy sauce in between the sheets. Simple vegetarian meals make a nice break.
- 2 carrots
- 150g snow peas
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 6 lasagne sheets
- White Sauce:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup grated cheese
- In a small baking dish (I used my slice pan) grease with butter or oil and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare the white sauce – melt the butter and add the flour, mix well, then add milk a little at a time and stir through to a good consistency each time, adding the cheese at the end.
- Slice the carrots lengthways to form the bottom layer of the dish, then a lasagne layer and ⅓ of the white sauce.
- Top and tail the snow peas and layer them next, topping with the lasagne sheets and sauce.
- Then the final layer of mushroom, pasta and cheesy white sauce.
- Top with a little extra grated cheese and put in the oven for 40 minutes.