These little beauties are quick and easy to whip up for dinner. My advice is to make a double batch and put the leftovers in tomorrow’s lunchboxes.
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Small tin corn kernels
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ onion & 1 clove garlic (gently fried & use the same frying pan for the cakes)
- 1 zucchini grated
- Throw the flour into a mixing bowl and make a ‘well’.
- Drop the egg in, mix, and add the milk slowly.
- Work out any lumps with your super stirring arm, and when done add the veggies and season if you wish.
- Heat the frying pan to high heat, use oil or butter to grease, and spoon the mixture gently into small sizes (roughly the circumference of a tin can).
- They only need a couple of minutes each side. Flip them and rest on paper towel to soak up any excess oil when done. Eat them all while warm… much nicer.
Feel free to add whatever vegetables, herbs or spices you have lying around. I have found this is a good combination for flavour because it is VERY easy to make these cakes bland.