These lush little pieces of heaven are easy to make and sure to impress. Mini cheesecakes are perfect for party treats or a delicious dessert for a special dinner.
- 100g plain sweet biscuits (we use Nice)
- 50g butter melted
- 250g tub light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200ml tub sour cream
- 200g white chocolate
- 125g blackberries (any berry of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease a non-stick dozen muffin pan of medium size (1/3 cup capacity).
- Cut out circles from baking paper to fit the bases.
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin (my son loved this bit) and combine with melted butter.
- Divide evenly among the 12 bases, press down firmly with a spoon and put in the fridge while you continue.
- Hand beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy and add the eggs one at a time, beating each one in.
- On a low setting, heat the sour cream and chocolate until just melted, remove from stove and mix with the cream cheese. Stir well and pour into the cups equally.
- Top with the berry of your choice cut into halves or quarters, depending on how large the pieces are.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly risen and just set in the middle.
- Allow to cool, and then carefully run a butter knife around the edges to gently loosen the cheesecakes and remove them. Keep them chilled and top with melted white chocolate – if there’s any left!