No more standing by the stove stirring for this Risotto recipe. Prepare whenever it is convenient and then bung in the oven. The kids ate it so quickly and I’m sure the carbs are keeping them going at the swimming carnival today!
- 5 rashers of bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 cup arborio rice (I'd be game to try another kind of rice)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 60g salt-reduced butter
- 2 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 good handful of baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Dice onion and bacon and fry gently in the pan until the onions are soft.
- Place rice, butter, pumpkin, stock and bacon and onion in a large casserole dish with a lid and gently stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the rice is soft and there is still a bit of liquid to stir through the parmesan and spinach.